WHERE: Picture Rock Studios, HWY 14, home of Glen Neff and Eliane Allegre
Monday, April 6 at 6 pm
All are welcome to attend. The Madrid Cultural Projects is open membership to anyone who loves our 87010 community.
Topics to be announced...
Bring your ideas, bring a dish, bring your goodwill.
IMPORTANT (YOU WILL WANT TO READ THIS MEETING'S MINUTES!)
to request an emailed copy of March 2015 minutes
We did adopt a bold, sweeping revision of the meeting structure and working procedures (the new plan appears on page 6 of the attached minutes). Committee chairs may still make announcements, but the committees won't be listed on the agenda each month as previously. We have also abolished the headings "old business" and "new business."
Agenda items for each meeting requiring votes, action, or substantial discussion will be due TEN DAYS before the meeting, so, for example, agenda items for the upcoming April 6 meeting will be due March 27. Also, the submissions should follow the "Who what where why when" plan set out on page 7.
Clinton Anderson, Secretary
2015 Board of Directors
President: Amanda Bramble
Vice-President: Stella Lynder Byrne
Secretary: Clinton Anderson
About the Madrid Cultural Projects
The Madrid Cultural Projects is an all volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to the revival of Madrid as a historical treasure of New Mexico. The town of Madrid, located approximately 25 miles south of Santa Fe, has a history that goes back to the mid 1800s and includes the coal mining days of the 1920s and 1930s.
Madrid's historical treasures include the Oscar Huber Memorial Ballpark which was one of the first lighted ballparks in North America, thanks to the help of Thomas Edison, the New Deal and the Madrid Employee's Club. Madrid's streets are still lined with Miners shacks and fine homes, purchased out of the Sears catalog and brought in by train.
Few towns in New Mexico have as rich a history as Madrid. Today Madrid is a thriving arts and music community. The mission of the Madrid Cultural Projects is to preserve Madrid's historic treasures and support cultural events and education.
Madrid is located along HWY 14, the Turquoise Trail between Albuquerque and Santa Fe, NM.
MCP Seeks Volunteer Treasurer
The Madrid Cultural Projects (MCP), an important force in our community, seeks support.Volunteer treasurer role:
· to support growth
· to oversee finances
· work with bookkeeper
· serve with board of directors
About the organization
The Madrid Cultural Projects, a 501c3 NM non profit organization was founded in 2000.
MCP sponsors a diverse range of projects which includes special events (Madrid music festivals, studio tour, town celebrations), historic preservation (Oscar Huber Memorial Ballpark restoration, old timers outreach), community services including community garden, food bank, internet center and our new FCC approved low-powered radio (coming soon), town dump, highway cleanup and public toilet maintenance.
Learn more: www.madridculturalprojects.org
Please join our mission.
Send us a brief letter of interest and which position (bookkeeper or treasurer).
Treasurer application deadline: will remain open until filled
by mail: MCP, PO Box 713, Cerrillos NM 87010
We look forward to hearing from you.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Treasurer
Reports to: membership of citizens
Estimated time: 5-15 hours per month
Supported by Bookkeeper
o Plan for financial needs and goals
o Set annual budget including revenue goals and projected expenses
o Help achieve fundraising goals
o Support bookkeeper in tracking finances and maintaining records
o Ensure accuracy in reporting
o Oversee fulfillment of regulations & tax obligations
o Report finances
§ Treasurer Report at monthly meetings, 10 per year
§ Meetings 1st Monday of each month (no meeting in August nor January)
o Serve as signor on the bank accounts of the organization
o Prepare and send donation acknowledgement letters
· Serve with board of directors
o Assess and recommend organizational direction to membership
o Seek professional guidance to help achieve mission and keep organization in good standing (legal, accounting, funding, insurance)
o Attend officers meetings, 1-4 per year, as needed
o Seek funds and resources to support community projects
o Listen to citizens
o Communicate with clarity
o Be positive
o Be proactive
- Hosted the rally to raise funds to repair flood damaged road, lead by Carol Carpenter collecting over $20K for the repair of Back Road
- MCP and the MLA jointly paid for two dumpsters for the annual town wide clean-up—over 5 tons were collected
- Hosted the Second Annual Garlic Festival
- Secured location and equipment for the Community Internet Center
- Delivered an amazing community Garden with classes
- Sponsored Children's softball for ages 3 to 10
- Sponsored the creation of a Madrid radio station
- Sponsored the creation of honeybee pollinator sanctuary
- Sponsored the 11th annual Gypsy Festival
- The Oasis Project committee has initiated their first community-wide water catchment effort
- The MCP’s Resources committee launched its new Painted Chairs fundraiser
- Hosted the 2nd Annual Madrid and Cerrillos Studio Tour
- Completed Easement access for Handicap parking at the Ballpark for Master Plan approval
- Decorated the Madrid Ballpark for Christmas
- Hosted the Children's Halloween Events
- Hosted the Children's Christmas Toy Drive